| Interesting Facts | Accomplishments |
Bernice was born and raised in Ghana/West Africa. She moved to the U.S. in 1998 to further her education.
Ghana became the first country in Africa south of the Sahara to gain independence from colonial rule. The year 2007 marked 50 years of independence. To learn more click here
Below are some facts about Ghana
- Full name: Republic of Ghana
- Population: 23.9 million (UN, 2008)
- Capital: Accra
- Major languages: English, African languages
- Major religions: Christianity, Indigenous beliefs, Islam
- Main exports: Gold, cocoa, timber, tuna, bauxite, aluminium, manganese ore, and diamonds.
To learn more visit ghanaweb.com
- National Sport: Soccer
President Obama's visit to Ghana
According to CNN news, President Obama, along with his wife, Michelle, will visit Accra, Ghana, on July 10 and July 11. "The President and Mrs. Obama look forward to strengthening the U.S. relationship with one of our most trusted partners in sub-Saharan Africa, and to highlighting the critical role that sound governance and civil society play in promoting lasting development." Source: CNN.com
Copyright 2009. Website Designed by Bernice LeMaire
[ Bernice ] [ Services ] [ Contact ]